Monday, November 28, 2011

Chapter 4 Introduction

We will be talking about four major concepts that always work together.
If you can't view the presentation below, click HERE for the link.



As part of your homework, watch the video below.  It is strongly recommended that you write the answers down in some way, digitally or otherwise. After watching, reply with one detailed concept that you learned.  Reply in this blog, not in your blog.


Having completed the first two problems of Chapter 4, you will benefit from watching an Australian speak on patterns using sticks.  During the video, copy his match diagrams and the information that he places to the right of the diagram.

After you watch the video and copy the drawings, numbers, and rules write a 2-3 sentence reflection on the process of patterns and rules.  Include answers to the following questions.

What aspect(s) of this video made the process more clear?
What is the first thing you look for when completing these problems?
What do you see as ALWAYS happening?

Post this to your blog.



Finally, (posted to your blog)
How can logical thinking help you as an adult?

21 comments:

  1. I learned that it is way easier to plug the X number back into the equation than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this video I learned that once you get an answer for x, it is a great idea to check your answer over by substituting x with your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first video was a sort of review for me but it reminded me to make sure I go back to see if my answer works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I learned is that if you plug in your answer for x and the numbers equal the same for each side of the equation after plugging in, then you have the right number for x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thaught the video was very helpful. I learned That keeping your equal signs is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something I learned is that when a negative sign is in front of a parenthesis it is the same as having a -1 in front if it. That way you just take the numbers that are in the perenthisis and times them by negative one to get rid of the perenthisis all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned that you can plug the answer you get into the equation to see if your answer is correct

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the proceses is that the big goal of solving an equation is to get X by itself. You should always combine terms first and get all constants on one side. Then when the only thing left is the co-efficient you just divide by the co-efficient and you will have X by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A concept that I learned from the video is that you should check your answer every time by putting it in as "x".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some facts that I learned is that It's important to put the x on the left hand side. Also, I learned that is important double check your answer so you don't get the wrong answer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always want to have constant terms on one side, like having all x's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It helped when the teacher/demonstrator used different colors.
    The first thing I do when I solve an equation is to make sure I wrote down the problem correctly.
    I see the teacher/demonstrator working down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That it is most likely better to have your x's on the left hand side and your other numbers on the right hand side

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you put the X value back in to the equation you should get the same answer on both sides of the equations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I learned that if you put the answer you got for X and the two sides equal each other then you got the answer right

    ReplyDelete
  16. What I have just learned by watching this video is that when you pug your number in for x on each side the number will be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I figured out that it helps to re-check your work and to make sure it's right.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This video helped me understand disturbing properties.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The video was a review to me about how I learned how to re-check my answer (plug it in) and I reviewed that both sides have to equal the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I learned that when there is a - it really stands for a -1. So instead of not knowing what to multiply whatever is in the parenthesis by, you should always multiply it by -1.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This video helped me understand the what to do with the parenthesis when solving for X

    ReplyDelete